Acorn Monitoring Ltd – Privacy Notice
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
Our Company collects the following data:
Personal identification information this may include;
- Company name and contact name
- Email address and phone numbers
- Quotation, order and receipt details
- Delivery address and billing address
- Encrypted record of your login password (for website sales)
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Acorn Monitoring LTD with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online, to place an order for any of our products or services online with an account or without an account, as a guest user. If we don’t collect your personal data during checkout, we won’t be able to process your order and comply with our legal obligations.
- Purchase a product online, to process payments and to prevent fraudulent transactions. We do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests. This also helps to protect our customers from fraud.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Enquire about our products or services, request a quotation, request after sales support, request a refund or make a complaint. Handling the information you sent enables us to respond. We may also keep a record of these to inform any future communication with us and to demonstrate how we communicated with you throughout. We do this on the basis of our contractual obligations to you, our legal obligations and our legitimate interests in providing you with the best service.
- Purchase a product or service from us, this to send you communications required by law or which are necessary to inform you about our changes to the services we provide you. For example, updates to this Privacy Notice, product recall notices, and legally required information relating to your orders. To provide confirmation of ownership in the case of warranty. These service messages will not include any promotional content and do not require prior consent when sent by email or text message. If we do not use your personal data for these purposes, we would be unable to comply with our legal obligations.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
Acorn Monitoring LTD may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- Manufacturers, if you have contacted them directly and request further product information from a local distributer.
- Trusted 3rd parties for whom you have directly consented. For example, we may receive your contact details from an event organiser if you have registered to attend and consented for your details to be distributed.
How will we use your data?
Acorn Monitoring LTD collects your data so that we can:
- Process your order and manage your account.
- Provide you with pre-sale support and after-sale support
- Email you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like.
- To develop, test and improve the systems, services and products we provide to you. We’ll do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests.
- To comply with our contractual or legal obligations to share data with law enforcement.
- Show you products that might interest you while you’re browsing the internet. This is based on either your marketing consent or your acceptance of cookies on our websites. See our Cookies Notice for details.
If you requested advanced support, we will share your data with a product manufacturer so that they may offer you further technical support or repair services. We’ll do this on the basis of our legitimate business interest.
We sometimes share your personal data with trusted third parties. For example: delivery couriers or system engineers,
When Acorn Monitoring LTD processes your order, it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
How do we store your data?
Acorn Monitoring LTD securely stores your data. We always treat your data with the utmost care and take all appropriate steps to protect it.
We secure access to all transactional areas of our websites and apps using ‘https’ technology. Access to your personal data is password-protected, and sensitive data (such as payment card information) is secured by SSL encryption.
We regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. All computer systems are fully protected with the up-to-date anti-virus software.
Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we’ll only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
At the end of that retention period, your data will either be deleted completely or anonymised, for example by aggregation with other data so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis and business planning. Marketing.
Acorn Monitoring LTD would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like. If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date. You have the right at any time to stop Acorn Monitoring LTD from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to other members of the Acorn Monitoring LTD Group. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please click here.
What are your data protection rights?
Our Company would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request Acorn Monitoring LTD for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Acorn Monitoring LTD correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Our Company to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Acorn Monitoring LTD erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Acorn Monitoring LTD restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Acorn Monitoring LTD processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Acorn Monitoring LTDtransfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us
Call us: +44 (0)1635 285376
Or write to us:Co. DPO, Acorn Monitoring Ltd, Basepoint Business Park, Premier Way, Abbey Park Industrial Estate, Romsey, Hampshire, SO51 9AQ
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
- Product Analytics
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – Our Company uses these cookies so that we recognise you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – Our Company uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Our Company sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
- Visitor-level custom variable data cookies are collected by 3rd party platforms such as google analytics. This information is used to monitor our websites performance and search trends.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result. Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at: email@example.com
Call us: +44 (0) 1635 285376
Or write to us at: Co. DPO, Acorn Monitoring Ltd, Basepoint Business Park, Premier Way, Abbey Park Industrial Estate, Romsey, Hampshire, SO51 9AQ